Avnet Abacus has been recognised by five of its franchise suppliers for excellence in distribution. The five awards, which were presented at the recent electronica exhibition in Munich were: 2017 Fastest Growing Distributor (Abracon); 2018 Broadline Distributor of the Year EMEA (Bel); 2018 Platinum Distributor Award (Kingbright); 2018 Avnet EMEA Distributor Best Growth 2018 (Pulse); and 2018 Outperforming Growth (Samsung Electro Mechanics – SEMCO).
A common theme that resonated across all five awards was the exemplary customer support provided by Avnet Abacus as demonstrated through consistent quality of service, specialist technical capabilities, commercial acumen, delivery reliability and deep industry knowledge.
Specific highlights from each manufacturer included:
- Twofold success on the Abracon product lines during the 2017 financial year, achieving 75% sales growth in IoT crystals and antennas, and a 50% increase in active new customers.
- Praise for the employees of Avnet Abacus by Bel, and especially for the unique specialist technical competencies that support customers throughout the product lifecycle from design to production.
- Avnet Abacus has retained the Platinum Distributor Award from LED manufacturer Kingbright for the eighth consecutive year, which highlights a consistency of superior service over many years, and the continued successful collaboration between the two companies.
- The Pulse award is due in part to the synergy between the wide range of unique and high quality products, effective design and marketing support from the Avnet Abacus team and a consistent NPI strategy.
- The Samsung award, based on excellent asset and pipeline management, combined with strong customer relationships and service, enabled Avnet Abacus to secure a robust supply chain that was in line with customer demand expectations despite challenging market conditions, and which resulted in unrivalled growth.
“One of our core strengths at Avnet Abacus, and a key differentiating factor, is the specialist technical skills of our product and sales teams across EMEA,” said Hagen Gõtze, director supplier and product management, Avnet Abacus. “These awards confirm that this competence is clearly valued by our suppliers, and evidence that the collaborative relationships we engage in with these five, as well as our many other manufacturing partners, deliver the highest levels of service and customer support and lead to successful business performance.”