In an unprecedented industry move, Digi-Key Corporation, a global electronics component distributor, recently announced that it will immediately cease all print versions of its product catalog and TechZone™ Magazine, offering this content exclusively online. This all-digital decision, driven by the company’s efforts to be environmentally vigilant, marks a major milestone in Digi-Key’s transition into a totally integrated Internet-based distributor, using state-of-the-art technology to support customers and streamline sales for suppliers worldwide.
Information about, and inventory of millions of products distributed by Digi-Key, are just clicks away for customers around the globe, all shipped from a single location. Integrating all product and support information online puts engineers and procurement professionals in control as they solve tough product development challenges.
The company’s online offerings include:
* An interactive online catalog of a broad selection of products for immediate order.
* An online BOM Manager for easily customized order assembly and packaging.
* A state-of-the-art online system to process purchases — from order entry to shipping — in as few as 15 minutes.
* More than 1,000 exclusive PTM Online…On Demand® product training modules.
* Online interactive TechZone™ magazines focused on lighting, microcontroller, power, sensor and wireless solutions; natural extensions of Digi-Key’s online TechZoneSM technology zones.
* Another Geek Moment videos feature products and show engineers, who are designing with components from Digi-Key, how to accomplish particular functions or solve unique problems. These videos can also be viewed on Digi-Key’s YouTube channel.
* A Digi-Key toolbar for engineers, purchasers and electronic enthusiasts, for quick and easy access to information about parts details, training and more.
* PurchasingPro for electronics buyers – the latest, need-to-know information about prices, lead-times and market conditions, as well as the latest news and analysis of critical supply chain issues.
* Digi-Key’s Mobile and Social Center where customers can interact with Digi-Key.
* Digi-Key’s Reference Design Library, which allows customers to search for designs based on a circuit’s performance instead of searching several manufacturers’ sites or calling on companies to find and compare designs.
Digi-Key’s total integration strategy is also recognized by the Bishop & Associates’ 2010 U.S. Customer Survey of the Electronic Distribution Industry, which ranked Digi-Key No. 1 for best in on-time delivery, ease of ordering, and product depth, availability and easy-to-find-information on the company’s website.