Leading, comprehensive circuit protection solutions now available to electronic design engineers in South East Asia, India, Australia and New Zealand
element14 (formerly Farnell), the industry’s first fusion of commerce and community supporting millions of engineers and purchasing professionals worldwide, has expanded its partnership with Littelfuse, the world’s leading manufacturer for high performance circuit protection devices. Offering the widest range of Littelfuse products stocked in Asia Pacific with no minimum order quantity required, element14 adds over 400 new products from Littelfuse POWR-GARD circuit protection solutions across three distinct classes of fuses to electronic design engineers and maintenance and repair professionals in South East Asia, India, Australia and New Zealand.
A reliable and comprehensive circuit protection solution
Circuitry protection solutions are one of the pressing concerns faced by electronic design engineers across the region. Littelfuse solutions add a distinct competitive advantage and value to element14’s existing inventory of products. The introduction of the multi-purpose and reliable circuit protection series will allow electronic design engineers in the region to have the necessary surge protection solutions to meet their evolving business challenges.
These high performance fuses can be used in a variety of applications including motor control centres, transformer protection, general purpose circuit, such as mains, feeders and branch circuits; service entrance switches, switchboard main and feeder switches, distribution panel boards and general purpose circuits. The fuses can also be used to protect individual electric services and meter stacks when integrated in main switches.
William Chong, Regional Director of Supplier, Product & Purchasing Management, element14, Asia Pacific said, “element14 is committed to providing its customers across the region with the most innovative and industry-leading products and services as the franchised multi-channel distributor of Littelfuse products across the region. With the broadest range of electronic design centric products stocked in Asia Pacific, the addition of the complete range of industry-leading Littelfuse POWR-GARD series to element14’s inventory provides customers even more innovative solutions to meet their business objectives.”
“This partnership with element14 is an exciting and successful development for Littelfuse that provides us with an excellent platform to further expand our geographic reach using element14’s extensive distribution network in the region. This strategic collaboration has been realised to ensure electronic design engineers and maintenance and repair professionals in the Asia Pacific region will now have easy and instant access to our range of products through element14’s commerce portals and online community,” says Angus Tsai, Regional Sales Manager for POWR-GARD Asia, Littelfuse.
There are three key fuses series from Littelfuse’s POWR-GARD range. With their fast reaction and ability to execute a clean break in the circuitry, they are crucial preventive solutions for electrical mishaps. Each of these fuses is carefully designed to undertake different applications and overcome different challenges. More about these fuses below:
JTD_ID Series Indicator® POWR-PRO® Class J Fuses
The compact class J fuses have superior performance characteristics and is designed for equipment which has limited space, allowing electronic design engineers to make optimum use of the space in their designs.
* The current-limiting time delay JTD_ID offers a patented, true dual-element design that is ideal for use in circuits with high, in-rush currents.
* Equipped with an indicating window that enables users to pinpoint open fuses immediately, even when the power is off, thereby reducing unnecessary and costly downtime and improving safety levels.
FLNR_ID/FLSR_ID Indicator® Class RK5 fuses
* Has the same indicator window that allows users to detect a blown fuse without the need for power.
* Features a superior time-delay and cycling characteristics which can lengthen fuse life and reduce nuisance openings.
* Superior overload and short circuit protection that reduces the possibility of equipment damage.
JLLN/JLLS POWR-T™ Class T Fuses
The Class T fuses are the most compact fuses available in ratings above 30 amperes. Compared to similar Class R fuses, it is one-third the size and requires less than 50 percent of the panel space.
* Designed to handle even the most extreme surge of currents and can provide fast reliable protection against overcurrents up to 200,000 amperes.
* Minimise the damaging heat and magnetic effects caused by short circuit currents, thus providing improved safety for users and longer lifespan for devices.
* Optimal for devices such as surge sensitive equipments that contain variable speed drivers and rectifiers that require fast-acting extreme condition protection.