Avnet Memec to name the winners of the EFM32 Design Contest and showcase the prototypes
Avnet Memec, the highly specialized semiconductor distributor of Avnet Electronics Marketing EMEA, will present its latest innovations in Hall 12/422 at embedded world 2011 – one of the most important exhibitions for embedded technologies. During the show, Avnet Memec will showcase its product solutions at five different demo stations focusing on Microprocessors & Industrial Networking, Analog & Power, Wireless, Microcontrollers, and FPGAs. Furthermore, Avnet Memec will have a dedicated demo station for Maxim Integrated Products.
Highlights at the booth:
* Introduction of Lattice’s new MachXO2 family – PLDs which offers an unprecedented mix of low cost, low power and high system integration in a single device.
* Easy to add KNX and Wireless M-Bus communication on the Silicon Labs Si10xx low-power Wireless MCU
* The new RL78 ultra low Power MCU family, which provides an operating current of only 70 microamperes (µA)/megahertz (MHz) and a standby current of 0.7 µA with the real-time clock (RTC) and low-voltage detection (LVD) functions active.
* Introduction of Marvell‘s high performance Quad-Core-ARM Processors – manufactured in a 40nm process with speed up to 2,5GHz.
* New PCI Host and Device IC’s for USB 3.0 connectivity from PLX breaches the 4.8 Gbps barrier.
Another highlight at the show will be the announcement of the three winners of the EFM32 Design Contest. This contest was initiated in the summer of 2010 together with Energy Micro and in cooperation with the German electronics magazine Elektronik. All contestants received an EFM32 Gecko Starter Kit to design an application based on Energy Micro’s low power EFM32 MCU. Additionally, Avnet Memec will showcase the prototypes of the winners.